The fear about poisoning is not unfounded even with the regulatory and medical advances these days. Many household goods that previously had the potential to be dangerous poisons have been made safer. Those that are still dangerous are usually clearly marked and have safety measures like tamper-proof caps thereby decreasing the chances of accidental poisoning especially in children. But poisoning still occurs, even with otherwise relatively “harmless” OTC medication, stronger prescription drugs, antifreeze, brake fluid and strong detergents.
Insecticide or pesticide poisoning is still a real risk within the household. The formulation of many insecticides/pesticides has been changed in recent years to make it less toxic to humans. But not entirely so. Garden pesticides that are often needed to battle more hardy pests in the outdoor environment is still highly toxic. But even indoor insecticides can also be a problem if it is ingested or large amounts of an aerosol insecticide is inhaled especially in a closed room. So how do you know if you, an adult or a child has been poisoned with an insecticide/pesticide? Spotting the signs and symptoms of acute poisoning as early as possible can make the difference between life and death.
continue reading 10 Acute Pesticide Poisoning Symptoms (Ingested, Inhaled, Skin Contact)